Helps now, hurts the younger generation and tax payers many years from now.
Reports that it may not go through. Does it hurt? Would it help? Thoughts/opinions?

Helps now, hurts the younger generation and tax payers many years from now.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]
Ive lost a few $$ in my 401k last few months.
I think it's a complete waste of our tax dollars as well as the taxes of several generations to come. But of course, by then, the US will be a non-player. Why is it my responsibility to help bail out a bunch of thieves and incompetents? I say we go to DC, drag the whole lot out and tar and feather them. The only thing to save us now is complete revolution.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it's a complete waste of our tax dollars as well as the taxes of several generations to come. But of course, by then, the US will be a non-player. Why is it my responsibility to help bail out a bunch of thieves and incompetents? </div></div>
My thoughts exactly.
That AH that ran Freddie escaped with $90 mil, $100,000 per month retirement, plus numerous other perks. He should have his head slammed under the train.
But my question is this: what do we peons do to try and prepare a future for our kids? Hoard food? Stockpile weapons? It honestly scares me.
I was thinking the same thing. i know I'll prolly have to end up working until the day I die just to support myself and my wife. By the time my kids get into the workforce, Id hate to see the economy and the price of living in the U.S.
I think in the long run it comes out as a wash. We are not just dumping $700 billion in all at once. What we are doing is keeping it afloat now and with the interest gained in the future, strengthening our dollar, the money will be returned back to the government. Now I am not talking anytime soon, probably 20-30 years down the road. I do think it was better bail out, as much as I generally hate stuff like this, than just letting it fold all together.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking the same thing. i know I'll prolly have to end up working until the day I die just to support myself and my wife. By the time my kids get into the workforce, Id hate to see the economy and the price of living in the U.S. </div></div>
Yeah, I don't look to retire and, in fact, don't really want to. But I want my kids to have the same opportunities I've had, and that likely ain't gonna happen.
Bookmarks